Over the past seven years, we have helped raise Canadians’ awareness of the importance of saving the cheetah in the wild. We have organized a number of public events and media interviews across Canada in which Dr. Laurie Marker had the opportunity to explain the challenges of saving the species and CCF’s Innovative solutions. Canadians have contributed over $500,000 since 2013 to the education & conservation work taking place in Namibia.
- Over 11,000 students, grade 5 to 7, benefitted from educational classes funded by Canadians.
- Over 4,000 farmers gained from workshops, information sessions and tradeshows funded by Canadians as well as being able to make use of 3,000 printed manuals.
- Each year, 3-4 cheetahs have benefitted from a full year of support and care from Canadians
- On average, Canadians have provided support to 15 livestock guarding dogs each of these past seven years.
- A fully outfitted student dormitory was built with the support of two Canadians donors; the dorm can accommodate up to 8 students and/or staff members.